Comet, it makes your teeth turn green,
Comet, it tastes like gasoline.
Comet, it makes you vomit,
So get some Comet and vomit today!
We were having some impromptu friends visiting yesterday afternoon, so my husband & I were scurrying about the house trying to clean it up a bit. As I was vacuuming the floors, Hubs was cleaning the bathroom. We ended up meeting in the kitchen, I think he was putting dishes away, and I was putting the vacuum in the recharger, ignoring the crying baby, who was probably mad that I was ignoring him. But when the vacuum turned off, I noticed that his temper tantrum was different. He was standing in doorway with a red face and sea-green foam spewing from his mouth.
“What the hell did he get into?!” I screamed as I scooped him up & fled to the sparkling clean bathroom. I passed him off to my husband as I came upon the overturned canister of Comet cleanser. Hubs cleaned the baby’s mouth out with water at the sink while I held my toddler in the hall.
“What’s Daddy doing to my baby?” cried the terrified toddler. I assured him it was okay…baby just ate some soap. “Why?! It’s yucky!”
After the mouth was washed out, the baby vomited all over floor. So Comet does make you vomit! I demanded Hubs to call Poison Control instead of giving him peroxide to induce more vomiting. I didn’t know…I did know that sometimes vomiting is a good thing to do, sometimes it’s a very bad thing to do…I wanted to be sure with my little 13 month old.
The outcome: Basically we were told that he may have an upset stomach & some irritation. The woman on the phone suggested we give him an ounce or so of juice, and as long as he didn’t continue to vomit, he’d be fine. *Sigh* We washed his hands again, just to make sure, then brushed his teeth to get the taste out. And yes, he was fine.
The baby got over it in 10 minutes. I’m still stunned that this happened, and a bit peeved that Hubs left cleaner out. That, and I can’t get the image of my wee son foaming at the mouth out of my head. *Deep Sighs*